Career Readiness Certificate
The Choctaw Nation, in partnership with the Oklahoma Governor’s Council on Workforce & Economic Development and the Oklahoma Department of CareerTech, recognizes the importance of and need for workers who possess strong “real world” employment skills. This partnership results in the utilization of Oklahoma’s Career Readiness Certification (CRC), WorkKeysÒ assessments, and the Career Ready 101/KeyTrain skill development system as a tool to increase career success opportunities for tribal members.
The Career Readiness Certificate can be earned by taking the ACT WorkKeys tests in Applied Math, Locating Information, and Reading for Information. WorkKeys is a job skill assessment system that measures real world skills employers believe are critical to success in a job environment. These skills are valuable for any occupation—skilled or professional, and at any level of education. The WorkKeys assessments are available at our Career Development offices, Technology Centers and Workforce Oklahoma offices throughout the state.
Why earn a CRC?
Employee/Job Seeker Benefits:
- Builds confidence and provides proof that your skills meet employers’ needs
- Improves opportunities for career changes and advancement
- Determines skill improvement and training needs
- Provides upgrade training to meet the appropriate needs
Career Development’s CRC Initiative Awards:
The following Incentives are offered for Choctaw Tribal Members who earn their CRC–
- Platinum Level= $400
- Gold Level= $300
- Silver Level= $200
- Bronze Level= $100
Get Your National Career Readiness Certificate – NCRC
- Create a Job Seeker account at www.myworkkeys.com (Must wait at least 24 hours after taking your WorkKeys exams)
- Set the account to “share” so that employers can view your CRC
- You may email your Certificate ID number or a link to your Certificate to your Employment Services Specialist (this can replace the copy of your CRC that is required for your CRC award)
If you have questions, please contact:
Rhonda Mize, CNCD Academic Coordinator
Office: 580-920-2260 or 866-933-2260
- CRC Initiative Webinar (required for award)
- Employers who use OK’s CRC
- Oklahoma’s CRC
- National CRC (NCRC)
- W-9 Form
- Career Development Application
CRC Initiative Award Requirements:
- Career Development Application
- Copy of CRC certificate
- Copies of Tribal Membership card, CDIB card, and Social Security card
- W-9 form showing current mailing address
- View the complete CRC Webinar (13 minutes) at link shown above
Additional Requirements For High School Students:
All – Proof of High School enrollment
Seniors — Same requirements as listed above for adults
Juniors – Hold a CRC and provide proof of current enrollment in an accredited Career Tech class/program OR in accredited concurrent college coursework.
Submit documents – Mail, Fax, or Email: Choctaw Career Development – Attn: Rhonda Mize PO Box 1210 Durant, OK 74702 Fax: 580-920-1514 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CRC Initiative Award is not a part of the award amount approved for tuition, fees, & books. CRC Awards are paid directly to the CRC holder.
- You must have an Oklahoma or National CRC and be a Choctaw Tribal Member! (Already have completed the WorkKeys assessments and scored 3 or above in all areas.)
- You will receive your CRC Certificate from your WorkKeys test site administrator.