(Tigers Achieving Greatness)
Project Impact, AKA TAG, is a comprehensive college and career readiness program offered through elective courses for 8th– 12th grade students attending Talihina Middle and High School.
To provide experiences for our Native students through career education courses, as well as, the Choctaw Culture.
Through these learning experiences, we hope to introduce the students to many career options, and prepare them for post-secondary training needed for their chosen career field, whether it is short term or long term training.
Our goal is to challenge and encourage our students and by doing so, increase their work ethic, raise their expectations and give them confidence to become our future leaders.
How We Fulfill Our Mission:
- We create, design and implement a quality advisory board to include business people, community leaders, parents and secondary and post-secondary educators.
- We provide quality and relevant curriculum that engages our students and prepares them for future success.
- We provide quality career and college guidance and preparation.
Student Courses Include:
- Career Exploration
- ACT Prep
- Leadership Development
- Native Cultural Awareness
- Service Learning Opportunities
- College Tours
- Career Inspired Field Trips
- Summer Enrichment Camps
Eligibility For TAG Program:
- Current Talihina student, grades 8th-12th
- A Desire to ACHIEVE GREATNESS
- Willingness to IMPACT your future by applying the career readiness skills obtained from the TAG program
For more information about the TAG program, contact:
Marianne Akins, TAG Coordinator